Re: Sleep functions

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sleep functions
Date: 2005-08-21 23:28:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: "Michael Fuhr"<mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Sent: 21/08/05 23:53:50
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [HACKERS] Sleep functions

> What do people think of exposing
> pg_usleep() to the user?

Good idea - I've done so myself in the past for testing.

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
What do people think of exposing pg_usleep() to the user? It's
sometimes useful to have a server-side sleep function, and people
do ask about it occasionally (e.g., Don Drake today in pgsql-admin).
It's easy enough to do in PL/Perl, PL/Tcl, etc., but since the
backend already has pg_usleep(), is there any reason not to expose
it? I'd propose both sleep() and usleep() functions.

--
Michael Fuhr

match