Importing a CSV file to a table on Postgres

From: "Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: "Novice Postgresql-list" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Importing a CSV file to a table on Postgres
Date: 2007-05-04 11:48:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello, list.

I have a CSV file with two values/row and I would like to import it into a table who has two columns as well.

Is there an easy and expedited way to do this with Postgres administration tool(PgAdmin)? I can do a program that parses the file and INSERTs the values on table, but I suspect that there is an easy way and that it is not worth the effort.

Best,
Oliveiros