Forcing use of cursor for large result sets

From: "Brian G(dot) Huber" <brianghuber(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Forcing use of cursor for large result sets
Date: 2004-06-06 05:34:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello all -

I am attempting to force the use of a cursor for a resultset. I have tried both forward-only and scrollable statements and am setting fetch size to 100 with a call to setFechSize(100) on the statement. However, I do not think a cursor is being used because the entire result set is trying to cache, resulting in an outofMemoryError. I am using pg74.213.jdbc3.jar with 7.4.2.

Any advice appreciated... Thanks-
BGH