Urgent!!!! Setting permissions on Views

From: "Dani Mezher" <dany(dot)mezher(at)fi(dot)usj(dot)edu(dot)lb>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Urgent!!!! Setting permissions on Views
Date: 2004-02-12 18:52:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I have a small problem setting the permissions for my data.
Actually my application allows specific users to manipulate selected
tuples stored in the same tables. Therefore, I revoked all privileged on
the tables and encapsulated them through views based on the "user"
variable. This way specific users control specific data.

The problem arises when I try to lock my data once it was
validated. Although I set the permissions on the views to select and
revoked the insert, update and delete privileges; my users are capable
of modifying the table through the views. I even tried to revoke the
select permission but this does not solve the problem.

Can anyone help me fix this problem???

Regards