é converted in é

From: "Laurent Schweizer" <laurent(dot)schweizer(at)peoplefone(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: é converted in é
Date: 2013-02-08 20:32:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear all,

I have an issue with special character like é.

I have as server postgres 9.2, I have created a new DB , encoding utf8

Client is a very simple test class that:

1) update a varchar value

2) read the same value and print them

If I update the varchar with a special character like “é” the value in the
DB is correct ( I check them with another software ) but when I read them
from my simple java class the value is not correct and the é is converted
in é

I have added to the connection string the option:
?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8

And if I do a : "SHOW client_encoding;” I get UTF8

I check on the network side and the é is correctly encoded in UTF-8

Any idea why the é is converted in é ?

I use the last version of the JDBC driver.

Thanks and regards

Laurent