query priority

From: "Peter T(dot) Brown" <peter(at)memeticsystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: query priority
Date: 2002-01-08 20:20:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Is there a way to reduce the priority of any psql queries depending on the
user connecting to the database? I basically want to be able to run lower
priority queries for some types of queries (for exporting and analysis)
while other queries run at higher priorities (for mission critical website
serving etc.).

I have seem some C functions that will nice a SELECT at the time its run,
but I am using JDBC from a servlet engine cluster....

Any ideas?

THANK YOU