Re: Printing Notices to the web?

From: "Dan Wilson" <dwilson(at)mission(dot)net>
To: "Marc Sherman" <msherman(at)projectile(dot)ca>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Printing Notices to the web?
Date: 2001-05-24 17:04:08
Lists: pgsql-php

This is an issue with the pgsql PHP extension. There is currently no way to
get that info in PHP. Personally, I think there should be a way to retrieve
a NOTICE through PHP. Much like the pg_errormessage() function, I think
there should be a way to retrieve the NOTICES. This could be very
functional for some things.

For example, I want to impliment EXPLAIN in phpPgAdmin. I can't because all
the EXPLAIN output comes through a NOTICE and their is not way to get to it.

Any C/C++ gurus that would be willing to add a function like that to the
pgsql module would be my hero!

-Dan

: Is it possible to have NOTICE messages generated by calls to
: pg_exec echoed to the client, like more serious error messages
: are? Currently, they're just being logged to syslog by php,
: which makes it difficult for me to debug them, since I don't
: know which query generated the log message.
:
: Thanks,
: - Marc
: