Re: Error when I try to run initdb under cygwin. Plz help me...

From: Flávio Henrique <flavinhohenrique(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Leeuw van der, Tim" <tim(dot)leeuwvander(at)nl(dot)unisys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Error when I try to run initdb under cygwin. Plz help me...
Date: 2004-02-17 12:00:58
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Tim... thanx... it works...
but now I have other problem that maybe you can help again...

after run 'postmaster -D /var/psql' the first messsage is:

LOG: shmdt(0x846e0000) failed: Invalid argument

after that others messages come, until "LOG: database system is ready"
but seems that the process do not finish yet, 'cause the cursor do not
appears in screen..

I must run posmaster with '&' ??
the first message (error) is real problem ?
why the process do not finish? I must open other cygwin bash sheel ??

thanx

Flávio Henrique