migration problem in SQL Query with date filter

From: Hernán Andrés Breinbauer Román <hernan(dot)breinbauer(at)netcas(dot)cl>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: migration problem in SQL Query with date filter
Date: 2002-10-07 20:50:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello:

I´m new to postgresql and moving from access. Right ow I have a big project that rely heavely on date/time filters. in access the queries would look something like:

SELECT * FROM people WHERE timein > #3/1/2002 12:58#

This statement selects all the records where "timein" is greater than March 1 of 2002 and 12 hours 58 minutes AM.

The problem I have is how do I translate this kind of statement into SQL that postgresql understand while I retain compatibility with access.

I´m willing to change the code, but I need something that will work in Postgresql and access

I alsop read on the mailing list that I should use ISO dates (yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss) This is no problem.

Thanks too anyone who can help

Hernán Breinbauer