bug in config

From: "Scott" <scott(dot)ellis(at)aetas(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bug in config
Date: 2002-08-18 12:14:07
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

Just got referred here from the bugs list - I'm not a list member so please cc me on reply...

My problem is, I think, easy to fix but I don't know enough about changing config scripts etc. to create a patch. Anyway, I built the libpq++ libs using the win32.mak files and NMAKE for use in my vc++ progs, then I ran the configure script for cygwin and built postgresql...I found afterward that the "pg_config_os.h" (in postgresql-7.2.1/src/include) contained a line that said "#include <cygwin/version.h>", but this line occurs just before an "#ifdef __CYGWIN__" statement. This stopped my vc++ programs from compiling. I found that putting the include after the ifdef allows me to use the same headers under both environments...

I'm supposing that this include statement is written into the code by the configure scripts, and that moving it down a line or two would be a simple thing for someone in the know :)

Regards,
Scott