Where can I get documentation on the using the JDBC interface?

From: "Phil McGlauchlin" <pmcglauchlin(at)gr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Where can I get documentation on the using the JDBC interface?
Date: 1998-10-19 16:44:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I am trying to get the jdbc interface to work but I keep getting a
SQLException "connection refused".

I am using a simple Java application that does a "select* from member" on a
table named "member" in the database "Membership". I am passing the
following url: "jdbc:postgresql:membership?<username>&<passwd>"

Is this a userid/password problem? I first tried the url without a user,
then with "postgres" and no password, and finally with a new user I created.
I used the createuser command to create the user but I couldn't figure out
how to set the password.

I have spent a while searching the web site and the Postgresql documentation
for answers but I can't find much documentation on the jdbc driver. Where do
I go to get it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Phil.

--
Phil McGlauchlin, SCJP 847-330-4294 (direct)
Greenbrier & Russel Inc. 847-706-4020 (fax)