Connection problem

From: "Muhammad Imran" <imran(at)sdpi(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Connection problem
Date: 2004-03-29 12:27:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear All:
I'm (was) running the Postgresql 7.3.2 on Linux 8, I had try to create a new instance of psql server with postmaster... and also try to experiement environment variable PGDATA.

But now I have change the environment data to its original location but unable to run '/psql mydb' command, message came

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

who I can check that postgresql server is running or not.

Regards
Imran