Data Transfer from Postgresql to Sybase

From: "Karthick V" <karthickv(at)hclp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Data Transfer from Postgresql to Sybase
Date: 2002-11-15 09:09:20
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Hi

I have a database in PostgreSQL. I need to transfer all the data from it to a sybase server located remotely. How do I do it. Is there any tool like DTS(MSSQL Server) to transfer the data.

Both my systems are on Linux and basically this functionality is a part of a larger database application where if the connection is lost from the sybase server. The data is stored in the local machine using postgresql.

So I need to send only a certain amount of data. to update the sybase server. I am able to get a dump of the tables using pg_dump command for postgresql.

If I could call the application using parameters specifying which tables are to be moved, then It should be able to transfer the data.

Otherwise will I have to do it manually using a C program or something like that.

Has anyone done such a transfer earlier?

:-)
karthick v

---