RE: Speed or configuration

From: "Franz J Fortuny" <ffortuny(at)ivsol(dot)com>
To: "The Hermit Hacker" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: "pgSQL" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Speed or configuration
Date: 2000-08-20 21:50:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

"First question(s) I have is what version of PostgreSQL?
what hardware is
the commercial SQL server running on? PostgreSQL?
memory, cpu, hard
drives, etc?"

Version: postgresql-7.0.2-2.i386.rpm
Hardware: Same Hardware for all SQL Servers (same
machine, of course, one SQL Server is idle while the
other one is active).
Memory: 512 MB RAM, 16GB Hard disk. Pentium II (old)

I am glad to hear that it's possible to get such good
results. I always thought there would be a way. I'll
try this query you have suggested...

Franz J Fortuny