Re: Re: Subject: IIS4 ODBC LOGGING TO POSTGRES - CRASH HELP :)

From: "Jonathan Marchand" <jonathanm(at)webnet(dot)qc(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Subject: IIS4 ODBC LOGGING TO POSTGRES - CRASH HELP :)
Date: 2000-07-12 18:45:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Mark,

Yeah, that is what we are doing now... we are setting it up. We ran the
setup of direct SQL/ODBC logging for about a week... it is way too unstable.
We have no choice now but to do it that way. I don't really know which
component to blame thought... IIS or PostODBC? :) Hehe, think I'll go for
IIS :) Because we are not having much troubles with PostODBC with other
applications.

Regards,

- Jonathan Marchand

> Jonathan,
>
> I think you would see improved performance and stability if you dump the
IIS
> log to a regular file (the default setting) and then run a nightly process
> dump the old files to the database.
>
> This has the advantage of being more reliable (fewer points of failure)
and