Allowing a connection from other client in the network

From: "Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Allowing a connection from other client in the network
Date: 2007-09-24 14:56:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello, All,

I need to allow access to the postgres server(windows) from a remote machine (10.61.90.231).

I changed the postgresql.conf to include the line :

listen_addresses = 'localhost,10.61.90.231' # what IP address(es) to listen on;

And I changed the pg_hba.conf file (also on data dir) so now it has a line like this

host all all 10.61.90.0/24 md5

And I rebooted the machine, but the server keeps on refusing actively connections.

Do I have to change any file besides these two ?

Help...

Many thanks in advance

Best,
Oliveiros