Re: [PORTS] ecpg not found

From: "Nicolas Bazin" <nbazin(at)ingenico(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "nimeshb" <nimeshb(at)syscon-intl(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PORTS] ecpg not found
Date: 2002-06-03 02:10:10
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-novice pgsql-ports

No you don't have to buy it.You may have installed the server only, but you may need the development rpm also. Try to find all additional rpm for Postgres and install them.
The next best thing is to download the source and recompile it. If you do that type ./configure --prefix=/usr instead of ./configure alone. When software are installed from rpm they are usually put in /usr/bin whereas the GNU default directory is /usr/local/bin.