Re: ODBCdirect and MsAccess97

From: DI Hasenöhrl <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBCdirect and MsAccess97
Date: 2002-03-31 09:58:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: DI Hasenöhrl

> Hi,

> does anyone in the whole world wide web know, how I can transferr a query
(developed by
> VBA) directly to postgresql without beeing checked by the Jet engine.

> In the documentations I found, that I have to use *dbQunprepare*. But when
I create a
> query, that uses functions from postgresql, I get an error like *undefined
function upper*.

How about UCASE instead of upper ?

I used UPPER only to check, if the query is executed by postgresql or Access. Because of the error *undefined function upper* I saw, that the query is executed by Access.

My main problem is, what's to do, in order to achive, that the query is executed by postgresql and Access makes only the transferr without checking anything. I think, postgresql is much quicker in doing this query than Access.

Any ideas????
Thanks for your response
Irina