Lost Trigger(s)?

From: "Rod Taylor" <rod(dot)taylor(at)inquent(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Lost Trigger(s)?
Date: 2001-03-23 04:31:16
Lists: pgsql-general

delete from user; <-- Simplest test case. Any deletion request fails
on this table.
ERROR: SPI_execp() failed in RI_FKey_cascade_del()

There are a ton of cascaded deletes that should occur from the above
deletion. Which one is failing -- how do I tell (can't seem to do any
kind of comparison against bytea fields otherwise I'd try to fish out
the 'table' entites as a start)?

Tried a few things like:

select pg_trigger.* from pg_trigger join pg_class on (tgrelid =
pg_class.oid) join pg_proc on (pg_proc.oid = tgfoid) and relname =
'user' and proname ~ 'RI_FKey_cascade_del'; (gives 9 posibilities --
only 1 of these actually has some information at this point for a
group of users I want to delete -- deleting the information from the
single table with information doesn't solve the problem)

select reltriggers from pg_class where relname = 'user'; (gives 32
triggers). All are in pg_trigger.

\d user
-> Shows me Indicies, Constraints, lack of rules (all properly).
Doesn't show any triggers..

But have come up with no obvious inconsistencies which would cause
this.

7.1 Beta 5 is the version.
--
Rod Taylor

There are always four sides to every story: your side, their side, the
truth, and what really happened.

Attachment Content-Type Size
Taylor, Rod B.vcf text/x-vcard 451 bytes