Re: PostgreSQL ODBC: Bug with Insert when using parameters arrays ??

From: "Jol Valentine" <jolv(at)genaware(dot)com>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL ODBC: Bug with Insert when using parameters arrays ??
Date: 2003-08-27 23:48:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Hiroshi !

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Jol Valentine" <jolv(at)genaware(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [ODBC] PostgreSQL ODBC: Bug with Insert when using parameters
arrays ??

> Jol Valentine wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > as a follow up to my previous note I have since download the PostgreSQL
ODBC
> > source code
> > and compiled it under Visual Studio .NET 2003. It's all up and running
OK.

> > It looks like the problem is in PGAPI_Execute(...) in execute.c.
> >
> > In the for loop at line 558
> > for (i = 0; i < apdopts->allocated; i++)
> > the data_at_exec parameters are being counted, but this is only looping
> > through the columns,
>
> I'm taking account of current_row in the code.

yes, but I'm only taking about data_at_exec or 'late' bound parameters.
(which wouldn't have been clear from my comments above, but my
previous emails were rejected.)
The processing for these is not correct, only the first row of data is being
processed.

> > the fact that there are multiple rows of data is not being taken account
of.
> > In my case apdopts->paramset_size is 3.
>
> Do you have concrete examples ?

Yes I have some LONGVARCHAR data that is not being inserted correctly.
I tried to send all the details (twice) including log files etc to
pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org but it was rejected as being too large.
Do you want me to send you these ?

In any case I've fixed the problem, I'm just currently doing some testing.

regards,
Jol.