libpq help...thud..thud....help....

From: "stuart" <stuart(at)comodo(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq help...thud..thud....help....
Date: 1999-03-26 11:59:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

i've just started development on a postgres database and im having a bit of grief
with postgres. the DB is stored on another server and im conecting from another machine with the libpq libary on it. If set all the paramters i can with PQsetdb but when i run my test program all i get is 'unsupported frontend protocol' . I know im getting to the server becuase the logfile for the postmaster shows the same error. I've checked the pg_hba.conf file as well and ive set the hosts correctly. any ideas, like i said im new to this and theres no-onw here to ask........wibble!

hope you can help

Stoo