Help Needed

From: "Mahesh Shinde" <mahesh(dot)shinde(at)codecindia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help Needed
Date: 2005-08-10 12:30:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi
I have created an Application in VB . In this application I want to show records in the grid using a like query which fetch the values from the table which is having about 55 lac debtor list in it. I have applied like query on Debtor Id which is a primary key and having index on it.

I am facing a problem while displaying these records in the grid it is taking lot of time. But strange thing out of it is when I am debugging the program it is not taking much more time to display the contains where as when I compile it and create an exe of the application I found drastic time difference between execution of the program and display the contains for the same

Please tell me this problem is of driver problem or database problem since I am not facing any problem between SQL2000 and VB

Thanks & regards,
Mahesh Shinde
Codec Communications (I) Pvt. Ltd.
PUNE (INDIA)
T # 91-20-24221460/70(Ext 43)
Desk No. 25143
Email - mahesh(dot)shinde(at)codecindia(dot)com