Field sizes and structure

From: "Robert Fitzpatrick" <robert(at)webtent(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Field sizes and structure
Date: 2002-12-09 21:44:02
Lists: pgsql-general

This is my first message to the list, I hope it is not so simple that it
offends anyone, but the 2 books I have do not seem to answer the
questions I have and searching different archives seem to present
thousands of posts to review.

If possible, once a table is created, how can a field size be changed?
And also, the field position in the table? Not that I've had a need for
position and can't thing of why it would matter, just thought I'd add
that one to see if it is possible in the future.

Thanks,

Robert