Re: Shrinkwrap Windows Product, any issues? Anyone? (postmaster windows shell)

From: "Igor Georgiev" <gory(at)alphasoft-bg(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Shrinkwrap Windows Product, any issues? Anyone? (postmaster windows shell)
Date: 2002-12-05 13:42:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>I am working on getting a shrink-wrapped version of PostgreSQL for Windows
>Currently it installs a customized version of Cygwin, PostgreSQL 7.2.3, cygipc, psqlodbc, and pgadminII
>I currently have the setup done.

Cool :)

I'm now working on postmaster windows shell. It's not finished yet but main things work.
Funcionality implemented now is :
Console redirection for capture output from postmaster
Starting-stoping postmaster
Choose for shutdown mode
System tray icon
Postmaster options are read from registry
-postmaster path
-datadir
-additional options

Funcionality not implemented yet, but planned :
Writing captured output from postmaster to log file
Options setup dialog
Edit pg_hba.conf
???

Application is MFC free pure windows API (compiler:gcc-mingw, Dev-C++ IDE) .

Here is the screenshot

I also be GLAD to read about plans for native windows port in 7.4.
If anyone is interested i can post source code, or maybe this firrst steps can go to gborg as a separate project
i'm not sure yet.

PS: Excuse me for my english, I'm better in C :)