Re: Problem trying to connect to a database with PGACCESS

From: Αλέξανδρος Περδικομάτης <menippos(at)otenet(dot)gr>
To: "Fernando de la Fuente Garcia" <f(dot)fuente(at)crue(dot)upm(dot)es>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem trying to connect to a database with PGACCESS
Date: 2002-03-11 01:29:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I think you have to enable multibyte functionality for the postgres daemon,
and I think you have to do this at compile time...
Configuration for postgres (configure) must be done using the following
--enable-locale (to enable the locale support)
--with-mb=encoding ("mb" for multibyte)
(place the multibyte encoding instead of "encoding")

but I don't know if UTF-8 or what kind of unicode encodings are supported
Anyway, I never did this. I use the libpq interface for now, and I handle
the encodings by hand. Postmaster thinks of plain ascii text and through
this I use UTF-8.

See the admin's manual for more details.
Maybe you can also configure the connection using the environment variable
"PGCLIENTENCODING".

Hope I helped a bit.