PQsetnonblocking questions

From: "Tim Barnard" <tbarnard(at)povn(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PQsetnonblocking questions
Date: 2000-12-27 16:35:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello everyone,

I'm running release 7.0.3 and discovered that the include file libpq-fe.h prototypes PQsetnonblocking as follows: int PQsetnonblocking(PGconn * conn, int arg)
However, the documentation shows it as: PQsetnonblocking(PGconn * conn).
Does nayone know what the extra argument "int arg" is for? And as my C app is not using a select statement to wait, do I even need to use PQsetnonblocking? I am using PQconsumeInput, PQsendQuery, PQisBusy and PQgetResult.

Tim
S.E. Mgr
Hartford Communications