New New :(( - Trying to figure out a couple things - Please help

From: <sam(at)casheze(dot)biz>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New New :(( - Trying to figure out a couple things - Please help
Date: 2003-04-29 18:50:17
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi Sam Marcotte here

I am real new at this - Old Mainframer and I know what I want to do but
just
not finding the correct functions.

I want to figure out how to put info out of a file (it is xml).

I need to find a way to look thru the file and find lines that look lik
<d:Title>Computers</d:Title>
I want to pull out just Computers (remove <?> and write to another file (I
can do the writes)

Then
<d:Description>Computers - ddddddd
dddddd
dddddd
ddddd</d:Description>
multi lies from start of desc to end - and take the <?> off - and write
each
record till I find the end

I know we are talking about 2 or 3 loops my main problem is find given data
in the middle
of a line of txt.

Thanks for any help