Re: Qt3

From: "Roman Zhuravljov" <roman(at)va(dot)ttu(dot)ee>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Qt3
Date: 2001-11-23 11:44:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello there!

Actually I am a new user of this list. Let me say some words about pgAdm....

Once I decided to develop applications in VB. After several years of
experience I came to conclusion that applications made in VB is not fast
enough (including incompatibility with pure Linux/Unix platform in
XWindows). So lately I switched to Delphi. Using the latest Borland
invention - "Delphi for Linux" or Kylix may be the solution for Linux
development.
And also just one thing I experienced using Delphi VCL(Visual Component
Library) - using standard components and modules results exe file grouth up
to 1....2 Mb (in case of complex project). But using Win API and/or
alternative libraries shrinks resulting exe file consideraby (about 10-20
times).

Roman Zhuravljov (roman(at)va(dot)ttu(dot)ee).

Original quote: