Re: my boss want to migrate to ORACLE

From: "Stephane Tessier" <stephane(dot)tessier(at)abovesecurity(dot)com>
To: <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: my boss want to migrate to ORACLE
Date: 2004-07-30 13:56:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

I think with your help guys I'll do it!

I'm working on it!

I'll work on theses issues:

we have space for more ram(we use 2 gigs on possibility of 3 gigs)
iowait is very high 98% --> look like postgresql wait for io access
raid5 -->raid0 if i'm right raid5 use 4 writes(parity,data, etc) for each
write on disk
use more transactions (we have a lot of insert/update without transaction).
cpu look like not running very hard

*php is not running on the same machine
*redhat enterprise 3.0 ES
*the version of postgresql is 7.3.4(using RHDB from redhat)
*pg_autovacuum running at 12 and 24 hour each day