multiple keyword search

From: "Mike Field" <mike(at)fieldco(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: multiple keyword search
Date: 1999-08-19 21:11:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all-

I have some text documents inside a table, just inserted normally as text (each tuple is less than 8k). How can I search the content for multiple keywords, for example, search content field for word1, word2, word3 ?

I understand the

WHERE content LIKE '%word1%'

idea, but how can I search for more than ONE keyword at a time?

Most importantly, is there a way to order the results by the quality of the match (ie, best match at the top, worst at the bottom)?

Let me know.
Thanks,
Mike
mike(at)fieldco(dot)com