libpq++

From: "Josh Harris" <joshh(at)cti(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq++
Date: 2003-06-26 13:03:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi there.

I am having trouble getting C++ to interface with a PostgreSQL database. I
want to use the libpq++ library, but can't quite figure out quite how.

I am using PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on WinXP. This distribution doesn't seem to have
shipped with libpq++, so I downloaded it seperately. The problem is that I
can't seem to get any of the example code to compile. I am using MinGW. I
have linked my project to the libpq.a library, included all the source files
in the libpq++4.0 folder that I downloaded, and specified the path to their
headers.
Does anyone have any experience with libpq++ on windows using MinGW?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Josh Harris.
joshh(at)cti(dot)co(dot)za