Re: Converting PHP function mysql_data_seek to PostgreSQL

From: "Dan Wilson" <phpPgAdmin(at)acucore(dot)com>
To: <chris(at)fast4gl(dot)com>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Converting PHP function mysql_data_seek to PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-11-18 16:55:37
Lists: pgsql-php

You do not need an equivalent in Postgres... postgres functions use a row
counter to retrieve all data from the result set. You can skip around the
result set all you want... just provide the row you want in the function.

If you notice, all the pg_fetch_* functions require a row_number as well as
the pg_result function.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-result.php

-Dan

: Hi!
:
: I have this little snipnet of PHP code that calls the mysql_data_seek
: function, and I need to convert
: it to something similar to work with PostgreSQL. This is used basically
: jump to a specific row
: position for an open query. Do I need to define and use a cursor to do
this
: with Postgres?
:
:
: function data_seek($pos,$query_id=-1) {
: // goes to row $pos
: if ($query_id!=-1) {
: $this->query_id=$query_id;
: }
: return mysql_data_seek($this->query_id, $pos);
: }
:
: Thanks in advance, any pointers would be helpful.
:
: Chris Schreiber
:
:
: TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?
:
: http://archives.postgresql.org
: