Problems with locking

From: Familia Ramírez Ramírez <famosos(at)explonet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems with locking
Date: 2001-02-06 22:02:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to answer to our issues.

We're opening a Postgres Database using the windows Odbc driver and programming with Visual Basic. In some moment, one of our tables got locked the most (we can only update row 6 ! ) and anyone who tries to update gets a message 'You are trying to update a record that is being modified by another user' (tha'ts the meaning, text is longer). BUT if you update the table on the server directly, it works fine !

We've tried to have all users out, even reset the Postgres server, but when we enter it's the same. We also tried to move data to a text file, recreate the table and import the data again, but when we got data back, error keeps happening on the Windows stations, and you can only modify the table in the server.

It only happened with this specific table

Thanks a lot for your support

Edgar Ramirez
Managing a project in Guatemala, Central America.