shmget problem with Win NT services

From: Kenéz Attila <akenez(at)energo-szoft(dot)hu>
To: "PostgreSQL Cygwin (E-mail)" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: shmget problem with Win NT services
Date: 2003-02-18 06:00:49
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi!

I installed a Postgres server under Cygwin on a Windows Small Business
server. I installed the db server to run as a service, but if I configure
the service to run normal, as LocalSystem, it gives the next error message:

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed: Not
enough core

This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce
PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 64) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 32).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
shared memory configuration.

If it runs as Administrator, it works fine. It also gives the same error
message if it runs as any other user (except Administrator). (I installed
the cygwin and the Postgres as Administrator if it counts, but I start the
ipc-daemon in the same process - so with the same user - as the Postgres
server.)

If somebody knows what is wrong, please write me!

Thanks:
Attila Kenez