Referential integrity rules

From: "Ernesto Revilla" <aerd(at)retemail(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Referential integrity rules
Date: 2000-11-28 02:05:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

please, I do not have MS VisualC++ at hand, so I have no chance to recompile
the driver, but could anybody introduce a little code in order to indicate
the violation of integrity rules when executing insert, update or delete
statements?

As I understood, there's no way to pass error codes, thru ODBC, so the
return message has to be scanned. This should not be very difficult. I only
need some 'integrity rule violation' and if possible, some table names.

Why? I have a lot of work done with Microsoft Access, attacking Jet. But
it's getting small and Access is not very solid processing events. Also, it
is not client-server. I could migrate to other RDBMS, but it's expensive and
I want to migrate everything to open source, something like Python / Zope /
Postgres platform.

Please send mail to aerd(at)mx3(dot)redestb(dot)es

Thanx in advance,
Erny