Re: INITDB error

From: "Mike Leahy" <mgleahy(at)fes(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: INITDB error
Date: 2003-12-10 20:07:30
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

All,

I'm not sure exactly what solved my problem, but I updated Cygwin and all of
the components I downloaded several months ago. This included the
PostgreSQL 7.4 that was packaged with Cygwin, as opposed to the source
actually distributed from the PostgreSQL site. I can only guess what the
problem was before (perhaps incompatibility with an earlier version of
Cygwin). At any rate, it's gone now - I can compile and install the source
that came with Cygwin package I downloaded without any trouble.

Mike.