Newbie question

From: "Vinay" <vinay(at)mdp(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Newbie question
Date: 2003-06-26 19:59:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a very simple question regarding creating columns in a table

Can we create a column in a table in such a way that it will allow only certain length, nothing less or nothing more

here is an example

create table test(column1 char(2));

will create table with column1 which will accept characters upto length two.
I want the column to accept the column value which is absolutely length of two.

Any Help appreciated

Thank you
Vinay