Undoing a typo?

From: "Steven Ames" <steve(at)virtual-voodoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Undoing a typo?
Date: 2002-12-10 16:39:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

This is a truly novice question but here goes:

Yesterday I was on the command line and issued an UPDATE command. Right after I hit the ENTER key I realized that I forgot to put the WHERE clause in... so... every entry in the table got the update. Ooops. Since I hadn't updated this particular table in a while I just dropped it and put it back in from a backup.

My question is... is there a clever way to undo or rollback a mistake you make at the 'psql' prompt?

-Steve