query not aborted upon connection aborted?

From: "Eric Koh" <erickoh(at)jobsfactory(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: query not aborted upon connection aborted?
Date: 2003-06-28 21:09:21
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi,

I'm using http 2.0.40 and postgresql 7.3.2 (redhat 9)

When my php script executes a long-running query and user hits the stop button, the query does not terminate and continues to run its full course. Is this the normal behaviour? Further calls from the same browser window using the same connection does not execute and are queued until the first one terminates. This has led to max_connection reached errors.

My question is, is this the normal postgres/php behaviour, and if so, what is the best way to work around this?

Thanks!