pg_dump.options.diff

From: "Serguei Mokhov" <mokhov(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: pg_dump.options.diff
Date: 2003-01-02 06:16:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Hello,

Happy New Year everyone,

Attached is an attempt to eliminate duplicate pg_dump
option descriptions, and have a single description for both
short and long options. For me, as for a translator, this
eliminates the need to maintain the two, exactly same, sets of
24 sentences.

If this is accepted, using the same approach I'll go through pg_dumpall
and other tools, which suffer from the same exact problem.
If it's rejected, please advise of a better way to approach
the problem.

Needless to say, it is a pain for a translator to
properly maintain the two sets of messages for every tool PG got.

After all that is settled, I'll send translation patches in.

Thank you,
-s

pg_dump.options.diff

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump.options.diff application/octet-stream 11.7 KB