View don't know table

From: "Reinhard Hnat" <hnat(at)logotronic(dot)co(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: View don't know table
Date: 2002-05-08 05:11:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am doing some tests with PostgreSQL before starting a project. During
these tests I created a table and a view which referenced the table. Then i
deleted and recreated the table. when I tried to browse the view there was
an error saying that the table xy with oid=.... is not known. But some time
later I could browse the view and everything was fine again. I am not shure
that this is because I tried to vacuum the database some times inbetween.
What happend? I think this behaviour is of great importance when dealing
with a great project using many tables and views. I must be shure that after
an alteration of one or more tables everything works as usual.

best regards
Reinhard Hnat

hnat(at)logotronic(dot)co(dot)at