Re: During InitDB: could not access file "$

From: "Laurent Ballester" <postgresql(dot)ballester(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: "Vitaly Belman" <vitalib(at)012(dot)net(dot)il>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: During InitDB: could not access file "$
Date: 2004-03-27 22:31:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hello,

Did you have McAfee Viruscan 7 installed on your computer?

I had the same error one month ago, and I solve it by disable the Hostile
Actvity Watch Kernel (HAWK) for mail and script in Viruscan. Now
postmaster/postgres process start correctly and you can use createdb and
others tools like pgAdmin III.

Regards

Laurent Ballester