PAM authentication

From: "DSDeurne Automatisering, Wim Aarts" <w(dot)aarts(at)dsdeurne(dot)nl>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: PAM authentication
Date: 2000-01-23 13:33:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I've a situation where there are Win NT domain servers (PDC). We're planning to run a postgreSQL database on a linux platform in this environment. The database will be accessed by the users via Apache and mod_php3.

What we would like to achieve:
Users have to log on once with the same loginname/password as they use in the Win NT environment to gain acces to there database functionality.
User password changes are done once on the Win NT environment.
We plan on using the PAM module pam_ntdom but are not sure if it will work.

Is there someone who tried this before?

Thanks Wim.

DSD automatisering B.V.
Wim Aarts