Query Output Formatting - Y/N Depending On Count

From: "Cameron B(dot) Prince" <cprince(at)rideware(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query Output Formatting - Y/N Depending On Count
Date: 2003-05-23 20:06:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I need to output a Y or N depending on a count being greater than 0 or not.
I think I've seen a co-worker at a pervious job do something like this, but
I am unable to find any examples on the list or in the docs.

Here's my query:

SELECT a.col, COUNT(DISTINCT b.col) AS col_count
FROM table1 a
LEFT OUTER JOIN table2 b
ON a.col=b.col
GROUP BY a.col

So what I'm looking for is col_count to contain a Y if the count is greater
than 0, else an N.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Cameron