Re: VARCHAR and TEXT

From: "Vilson farias" <vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "Paolo Sinigaglia" <sini(at)informativesystem(dot)it>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VARCHAR and TEXT
Date: 2001-03-29 16:48:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I gave up from using ODBC... to much problems with blobs and other stuff...
and really very low speed under Delphi. Try Zeos Database Components for
Postgre(http://www.marms.com/zeos). I've been using for 6 mounths and its
great. Blobs greater than 8Kb still are a big problem, but you will see this
component can recognize text fields as Memo and OIDs as Binary Blobs.

A really good point of these components is that you dont need BDE or ODBC
(everything is done accessing a single dll). My apps are very small and
installation is a piece of cake.

My config : Zeos 3.0.8 under Delphi 5 Enterprise.

Regards,

José Vilson de Mello de Farias
Dígitro Tecnologia Ltda - Brazil