Syntax to pass IN parameters through ODBC

From: "Sheeraz fazal" <ng(at)iwerx(dot)vertextek(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Syntax to pass IN parameters through ODBC
Date: 2004-04-09 21:40:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I am accessing PostgreSQL 7.3.2 through psqlodbc. I need to call a my function "get_number(integer)". I don't know which place holder should i use that ODBC do know that this is for "integer" parameter.

I am using VisualC++. Which require that, parameters should be bound to some name (column name or parameter name) before calling the db function.

If i am calling a function which is not accepting any parameter but returning a value i am using the syntax
"?=call get_number()" and it works. But when i introduct an IN parameter like
"?=call get_number(?)" it doesn't work. I am not sure the format i am using is specific to VisualC++ or it is ODBC standard syntax.

Any response in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,