psqlODBC

From: mbreneiser(at)whgrp(dot)com (Marc Breneiser)
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psqlODBC
Date: 2002-02-16 16:24:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I created a temporary table using a procedure called from VB. The table contains int8 and text data. I display the data contained in the temporary table using a datagrid with the datasource set to a recordset that is opened through code (no data control or data environment used). The problem I have is if I try to edit the data in the datagrid the int8 values are read as text with trailing spaces and causes an error. This does not happen when I use a permanent table. The work around I have is to create the temporary table using varchar datatypes instead of int8 and it works fine (a little extra manipulation when updating the permanent table with the temporary data). I did not know if this was a known problem.

Marc Breneiser