plpgsql support

From: "Nagasubramanya L" <nagesh(at)clinf(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: plpgsql support
Date: 2002-01-29 04:52:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

hello sir,

I have written a function. The language used is sql. I am not getting error if I assign an alias to a variable or if I try to declare any of the variable.
I could figure out that I require support if plpgsql, but I am not able to get the suppor of this language. I have tried

CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'
HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler
LANCOMPILER 'PL/PGSQL'

I have even tried
CREATE LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'

But I am not able to set it. What is that I should do to set up this language support.

Regards
nagesh