Re: Clustering using dblink

From: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: "Yudha Setiawan" <inas_husband(at)bonbon(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Clustering using dblink
Date: 2003-05-26 13:34:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I do not think that using dblink can improve performance. Using dblink will get busy two servers instead of one, not to mention data that are send through network.

You need to specify more information about table (number of rows, indices, query plan),
and then someone might be able to help You.

In some(most) cases VACUUM ANALYZE improves performance.