Re: Fw: porting to AIX

From: kevinmcl(at)cwjamaica(dot)com (kevin mclaughlin)
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: porting to AIX
Date: 2001-04-13 16:13:02
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi Peter,

I have postgresql-7.0.3 source files loaded on the AIX box. I will try
7.1RC4 as you suggested but have to download the source at home and carry it
to work to do so. Today's a public holiday here.

In the meantime, I tried compiling postgresql-7.0.3 on AIX 4.3.2.0

Ran ./configure --without-CXX

then ran gmake (GNU make ver 3.79.1) and got following error:

# gmake
Making postgres.imp
./backend/port/aix/mkldexport.sh postgres /usr/local/pgsql/bin >
postgres.imp
nm: postgres: 0654-200 Cannot open the specified file.
nm: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
xlc -Wl,-bE:./backend/postgres.imp -o postgres
../utils/version.o -lPW -lcrypt
-lld -lnsl -ldl -lm -ltermcap -lcurses
xlc: 1501-228 input file ../utils/version.o not found
gmake: *** [postgres.imp] Error 252

Any ideas?

Regards,
Kevin